To simplify: easy to think about...more difficult to accomplish. One must be intentional and deliberate. Find the important things and give them your attention. Wash away the clutter and leave only those simple pieces of goodness. Today was a day of finding simple pieces of goodness. Playing with my boys. Giving them attention, finding joy in their play and value in their ideas. Slowing down and intentionally not rushing through life no matter what the task.
I vowed today to take pictures of all our adventures and with the the help of our landlord's iphone we were able to do so... We started our day in the garden. We have lucked out on the garden and inherited some great veggies plus we have planted some things from the farmers market.
Great squash plants. 1 zuccini and 1 yellow crookneck.
Baby Watermelon: about the size of a lime. (I will continue to post as it grows.)
Next we headed to the Children's Museum of Walla Walla. A great adventure for us newbies in town. It is built in a big house with each room having a different theme. Small but well done.
Dakota in the imaginative play area being a fierce alligator.
Wren and Dakota exploring water dynamics, locks and dams, and fishing with magnets.
Outside there are a number of great play structures including a teepee, a real fire truck and a boat.
Wren being peaceful in the teepee.
Dakota on the firetruck holding this great metal dog sculpture.
Boys in boat! Love this picture.
Then we ended our day with a trip to the Walla Walla Sweets Game. We have a summer team here of college players who are hosted by families and play in a regional league. I am still exploring it's origin but the game is good. And tonight was a beautiful night for being out and watching the game. We joined up with our neighbor/landlords who are great folks and had a great evening of fun. They have lived here 15 years and had never been to a game. Funny the way things go. I had forgot our camera...arg but to my great delight, we were able to use their iphone to capture a few choice images.
Me and D enjoying ourselves.
Wren and Ray enjoying themselves. Clearly making friends is going well for Wren. Yeah!
As the game got started the full moon rose in the east. A beautiful sight over the outfield. And to our delight the Sweets won in a game full of runs: 9 to 4. The game was active. The kind of game I like to watch. Lots of hits, scores, and plenty of base stealing. ACTION! I kind of feel that in major league baseball there is not as much action as here in the summer league. Maybe it's because everyone is so good they don't take as many chances to mess up, I am not sure. But for me, the unseasoned baseball watcher, the lesser leagues have more ACTION and therefore more times for me to get excited and therefore more FUN for me to watch. But as I say I am the unseasoned baseball watcher....
Simple Pleasure. Simple Living. Simply Life.
No comments:
Post a Comment