Saturday, May 19, 2012

40th Birthday

I have made it clear to all my friends and relations that I plan to live to 100 and that my big marker birthdays are 33 and 66.  By dividing my life into thirds I can easily define when I am young, when I am middle aged and when it is a gain entry in the world of the wise and become old.  But despite my efforts to down play this year's birthday by being clear about my intentions, I was celebrated in many unexpected and wonderful ways!

To begin my mom came and baked one of my favorite cakes, Ukranian Lemon Poppyseed Cake.  YUM! We celebrated the evening on the back porch with our wondrous neighborhood friends. 

Next, came the wonderful gifts from across the country and around the world.  Thoughtful, meaningful and truly appreciated.  

And then, the next day, I was whisked away by my two neighbors into a world out of this place yet close by.  Starting with a flower petal foot bath and lemon zinger/mint iced tea.  The girls took perfect care of me.  Then after I was perfectly relaxed, they began to tell my of my fortune...reading my palm, looking at my animal in chinese mythology, and talking about my moon sign.  I felt like they were able to see into my life and offer clear words of wisdom.





 Next came the blessing of the henna.  Where my feet, after being properly cleansed were prepared for my next 60 years of life.  I received a mandala pattern which might offer me some focus as I edge my way into this next adventure.

 And lastly, I was truly whisked away to another world close but further away for a blessing of friendship given by new friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment