Friday, September 13, 2013

Rock Collecting

We need some rocks to build a small retaining wall.  So ever in search of a good deal, I heard that if you call the rock quarry in Milton Freewater, they will let you come on Fridays at 1:30 and hand pick your rocks for $26.00/ton.  So off Dakota and I went.  He took the pictures while I loaded .75 tons of rock.    Needless to say that my back was tired after .75 tons and it sure looked like a lot in the back of the truck.  But when I unloaded it...I assessed that I will need at least 2 more loads that size.  I think I will take Stuart with me next time.


He also got to watch a hydrolic hammer break apart rocks and a big rock loader putting big rocks into a big truck. 

Dakota always gets the most interesting perspectives of the world. 
 Here you can see me loading rocks in the mirror.



And here is the treasured big tractors working.


No comments:

Post a Comment